Are you planning an upcoming long-distance move anytime soon? If the answer is yes, then you may want to consider how you can help out the environment during your relocation.
When it comes to moving, many people only do the bare minimum to get from point A to point B. However, did you know that there are many quick and easy steps that you can follow to help out the environment?
The Milwaukee long-distance movers at Behrens Moving Company share a few environmentally-friendly moving tips the can make a huge difference. Our residential movers in Milwaukee have found that a little can go a long way when it comes to helping the environment.
Environmentally-Friendly Moving Tips for Moving Companies
Here are some environmentally-friendly moving tips for moving companies that are interested in becoming more conscientious about the environment:
- Make Fewer Trips: If you have different customers that are moving in the same direction, consider combining smaller shipments onto a single truck to save on fuel.
- Reusable Items: Instead of opting for single-use moving supplies, consider finding items that perform the same function that you can reuse. These items may include moving blankets, rubber bands, wardrobe boxes, and plastic crates.
- Eco-Friendly Practices: If you really want to make a difference, consider adopting eco-friendly business practices such as switching to renewable energy and recycling.
Environmentally-Friendly Moving Tips for Your Household or Business
Whether you are planning a move for your household or business, there are ways that you can do your part with minimal time and effort:
- Follow Community Guidelines: Follow your local community guidelines for the disposal of paint, gas, oil, chemicals, electronics, and appliances.
- Donate Unwanted Items: Donate any unwanted clothes, household items, and non-perishable food items to local nonprofits instead of throwing them away.
- Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle: Reduce single-use plastic usage by finding reusable alternatives. Reuse moving boxes before buying new ones. Recycle anything that you can after moving into your new space.
The best way to help out the environment during your long-distance move is to follow these tips while working with an environmentally-friendly moving company like Behrens Moving Company. From residential to commercial moving, we can fulfill all of your long-distance moving needs.
Call Today to Learn About Our Long-Distance Moving Services in Milwaukee
If you have an upcoming long-distance move planned in Milwaukee, you can count on Behrens Moving Company to fulfill all of your needs while helping out the environment. Some of our long-distance moving services include full-service packing, custom crating, and storage solutions. Call our Allied Van Lines residential movers in Milwaukee today for more information!
Subscribe to Behrens Moving Company's Blog